As a nonprofit, The Bucket Ministry carries out its mission through the gifts of gracious donors. Without monetary support, we would not be able to provide water filters to the many without clean water and the knowledge of God. Though our ministry needs monetary support, our mission would not be fulfilled without the non-monetary involvement of many in our community.
This support has become especially apparent during the COVID-19 pandemic and the financial hardships that have come to many in our community and our country. Though some now lack the ability to contribute financially, we are blessed by their involvement and their other means of supporting the ministry. The Bible speaks to the variety of gifts and abilities that people have to further the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 12:4-7 says, “Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.”
Each person has different gifts and different abilities, and each person has different financial situations. Not everyone is able to give right now, but you can find ways to be involved that are not dependent on finances. Our team would encourage you to use your gifts and abilities however you are called, whether with The Bucket Ministry or somewhere else.
Joining our prayer team, attending events or sharing our story has a profound impact on our ministry. Even though money is seen as the main way to further ministries like ours, The Bucket Ministry would not be able to grow without involvement in non-monetary-driven works.
We all have different gifts but the same mission: to share God’s love with as many as we can. Join us in the ways you are able to bring others to Christ, growing God’s heavenly Kingdom.
Below we have listed six simple, yet diverse ways to support The Bucket Ministry. If you are interested in one or many of them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of them.
- Pray. Sign up for a group text that will share prayer requests for areas around the world. We also have weekly prayer meetings that happen Friday at 3 p.m. CDT.
- Attend events. We are located in Rockwall, Texas. Even if you cannot attend in-person events, we have and will continue to offer online events.
- Share The Bucket Ministry’s mission with friends and family. Our mission is to share God’s love through the gift of clean, safe drinking water. We would love to have you share the Gospel while telling people about the need for clean water around the world.
- Attend Discipleship classes. We offer discipleship classes where you can meet one-on-one or in a group to learn more about God’s love and promises. These also help equip you to share the Good News with those you know.
- Give. This is a difficult time financially for many, but if you are called and are able to give, we have several different giving programs you can explore.
- Go. We are not traveling as much due to COVID-19, but once traveling is deemed safe again, please join us on one of our many trips throughout the year.
by Emma Aly